We’re a Good Family to Know:
Preferred Family Healthcare (PFH) is a community-based healthcare organization that offers a full array of integrated services, serving more than 100,000 individuals each year in nearly 100 locations throughout Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas and Illinois.
Our greatest reward has been the opportunity to serve families and communities in need for the past 40 years. At PFH, our future is brighter than ever! With changes in leadership, focused priorities and strong core values, PFH remains a “Good Family to Know!”
Your role at PFH:
As a Peer Specialist, you are responsible for emphasizing the acquisition, development and expansion of recovery skills needed to fully engage in recovery. You will:
- Assist participants in developing treatment plans.
- Complete regular communication with referral sources/guardians regarding progress, transition planning, and pertinent clinical issues and documentation.
- Participate in staffing to assure continuity of care.
- Make or assist in outside referral of issues not able to be addressed within the treatment milieu.
- Assist in scheduling of treatment and arranging transportation.
- Represent the agency in a professional manner.
We think you’d be great for this role if you have:
- Self identify as a present or former client of mental health or substance use services OR self identifies as a person in recovery from mental health or substance use disorder.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Pass background check or request an exception to the findings if/when applicable.
- Complete a state approved training program and if required, pass a standardized examination
- Missouri Only - Complete the application located on the following website at https://mopeerspecialist.com/
- Missouri Only - If required, complete a 5-Day Basic Training Program; following which, the individual must pass a State of Missouri approved certification examination within six months.
You’ll love being a part of our family because:
Our associates are our most valuable asset! We understand the role their satisfaction plays in the quality of services they provide. Through encouragement, our associates are empowered to optimize their strengths through ongoing training to ensure they are equipped and feel competent to serve our clients.
Our eligible associates enjoy some of the following PFH Perks:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability plan options
- Competitive 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan – up to 5% match!
- Company paid basic life insurance
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
- Emergency Medical Leave Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts – healthcare and dependent child-care
- Health & Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discount Program
- Mileage Reimbursement
- License/Certification Reimbursement
Our human resources team wants to let you know what’s required:
Employment is conditional upon the receipt of appropriate background checks. Upon offer of employment, you must grant permission for Preferred Family Healthcare to verify accuracy, legitimacy, and results in regards to the following conditions of employment:
- Background check that includes criminal history and abuse/ neglect.
- Motor vehicle driving record check.
- Education and license/certification verification (if applicable).
- Employment and/or personal reference checks.