We’re a Good Family to Know:
Preferred Family Healthcare (PFH) is a community-based healthcare organization that offers a full array of integrated services, serving more than 100,000 individuals each year in nearly 100 locations throughout Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas and Illinois.
Our greatest reward has been the opportunity to serve families and communities in need for the past 40 years. At PFH, our future is brighter than ever! With changes in leadership, focused priorities and strong core values, PFH remains a “Good Family to Know!”
Your role at PFH:
As a Direct Support Staff team member you will provide support, training and oversight to clients with intellectual/ developmental disabilities in their own home and/ or in the community. You will:
- Provide support as specified in the personal plan, which may include accompaniment to medical appointments, recreational activities, church, community resources, performing personal hygiene tasks, etc.
- Provide training to the client in areas specified in the personal plan such as personal hygiene; money management; safety and wellness; household skills; meal preparation; medication management, etc.
- Document progress or lack of progress on goals and objectives as stated in the Individual Support Plan.
- Complete detailed Residential Shift Summary or a 24-hour Narrative at end of each shift worked, signed with full name and title.
- Obtain a receipt for each purchase made from client’s money and record on appropriate ledger.
- Have knowledge of and implement emergency and safety drills with the client as specified in the Individual Safety Plan.
- Follow Department of Mental Health Medication Administration Certification guidelines when administering medications.
- Maintain current certification in CPR, Standard First Aid and Med Aide if administering medications.
We think you’d be great for this role if you have:
- High school diploma or GED and are at least 18 years of age.
- One year experience in the field of intellectual/developmental disabilities or training in Missouri Quality Outcomes.
You’ll love being a part of our family because:
Our associates are our most valuable asset! We understand the role their satisfaction plays in the quality of services they provide. Through encouragement, our associates are empowered to optimize their strengths through ongoing training to ensure they are equipped and feel competent to serve our clients.
Our eligible associates enjoy some of the following PFH Perks:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability plan options
- Competitive 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan – up to 5% match!
- Company paid basic life insurance
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
- Emergency Medical Leave Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts – healthcare and dependent child-care
- Health & Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discount Program
- Mileage Reimbursement
- License/Certification Reimbursement
Our human resources team wants to let you know what’s required:
Employment is conditional upon the receipt of appropriate background checks. Upon offer of employment, you must grant permission for Preferred Family Healthcare to verify accuracy, legitimacy, and results in regards to the following conditions of employment:
- Background check that includes criminal history and abuse/ neglect.
- Motor vehicle driving record check.
- Education and license/certification verification (if applicable).
- Employment and/or personal reference checks.