We’re a Good Family to Know:
Preferred Family Healthcare (PFH) is a community-based healthcare organization that offers a full array of integrated services, serving more than 100,000 individuals each year in nearly 100 locations throughout Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas and Illinois.
Our greatest reward has been the opportunity to serve families and communities in need for the past 40 years. At PFH, our future is brighter than ever! With changes in leadership, focused priorities and strong core values, PFH remains a “Good Family to Know!”
Your role at PFH:
As a Counselor you are responsible for assisting individuals with mental illness and/ or substance abuse problems to improve their ability to perform tasks in their daily living and working environments. You will:
- Complete all mandatory trainings meeting state regulatory /CARF Standards, obtaining 36 hours of training every 2 years with focus on EBP and improved clinical skill sets (MO) and 40 hours of training every 2 years with 3 hours being Ethics (KS)
- Develop treatment plans for clients in accordance with state regulatory/CARF guidelines that demonstrate individualization and evolution based on information gathered from assessment
- Assist clients through transition process and complete final correspondence such as transition summary, plan, letter, etc
- Facilitate group counseling, group education, family conferences, and individual sessions
- Participate in clinical staffing/treatment meetings providing feedback on all pertinent cases
We think you’d be great for this role if you:
- Missouri: Hold the credentials of a Qualified Substance Abuse Professional as defined by the Missouri Substance Abuse Professional Credentialing Board, Inc. (MSAPCB)
- Certified Alcohol Drug Counselor (CADC), Certified Reciprocal Alcohol Drug Counselor (CRADC), Certified Reciprocal Advanced Alcohol Drug Counselor (CRAADC), or Registered Substance Abuse Professional (RSAP)
- Kansas: Hold the credentials as defined by the Kansas Behavioral Science Regulatory Board, (BSRB) o Licensed Addictions Counselor (LAC) or Licensed Clinical Addictions Counselor (LCAC) OR
Applicant must be willing to become licensed in additional states, other than the state currently licensed in. Applicant must be willing and comfortable with providing telehealth services to the individuals we serve.
You’ll love being a part of our family because:
Our associates are our most valuable asset! We understand the role their satisfaction plays in the quality of services they provide. Through encouragement, our associates are empowered to optimize their strengths through ongoing training to ensure they are equipped and feel competent to serve our clients.
Our eligible associates enjoy some of the following PFH Perks:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability plan options
- Competitive 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan – up to 5% match!
- Company paid basic life insurance
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
- Emergency Medical Leave Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts – healthcare and dependent child-care
- Health & Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discount Program
- Mileage Reimbursement
- License/Certification Reimbursement
Our human resources team wants to let you know what’s required:
Employment is conditional upon the receipt of appropriate background checks. Upon offer of employment, you must grant permission for Preferred Family Healthcare to verify accuracy, legitimacy, and results in regards to the following conditions of employment:
- Background check that includes criminal history and abuse/ neglect.
- Motor vehicle driving record check.
- Education and license/certification verification (if applicable).
- Employment and/or personal reference checks.