We’re a Good Family to Know:
Preferred Family Healthcare (PFH) is a community-based healthcare organization that offers a full array of integrated services, serving more than 100,000 individuals each year in nearly 100 locations throughout Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas and Illinois.
Our greatest reward has been the opportunity to serve families and communities in need for the past 40 years. At PFH, our future is brighter than ever! With changes in leadership, focused priorities and strong core values, PFH remains a “Good Family to Know!”
This position starts at $11.00/ hour (depending upon experience).
Your role at PFH:
As a Youth Specialist, you are responsible for providing services and financial assistance for current and former youth in foster care.
- Treat all youth, referral sources, stakeholders, and team members with dignity and respect.
- Adhere to all confidentiality, CARF, and contractual standards during provision of services.
- Maintain flexibility in work availability, including evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge related to serving youth and young adults, with specific expertise related to youth in foster care.
- Collaborate with Family Support Teams to create and/or update plans for service using SNAP (strengths, needs, abilities, preferences) principles.
- Assist youth and their Family Support Team to identify obstacles to living independently, obtaining employment, completing education, developing supportive social networks, and participating in recreational activities that need to be addressed in the service planning process.
We think you’d be great for this role if you have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent certificate is required; an associate’s or bachelor's degree in an applicable field from an accredited institution is preferred.
- Experience in foster care, education, employment services, case management, social services or other applicable vocation is preferred.
You’ll love being a part of our family because:
Our associates are our most valuable asset! We understand the role their satisfaction plays in the quality of services they provide. Through encouragement, our associates are empowered to optimize their strengths through ongoing training to ensure they are equipped and feel competent to serve our clients.
Our eligible associates enjoy some of the following PFH Perks:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability plan options
- Competitive 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan – up to 5% match!
- Company paid basic life insurance
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
- Emergency Medical Leave Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts – healthcare and dependent child-care
- Health & Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discount Program
- Mileage Reimbursement
- License/Certification Reimbursement
Our human resources team wants to let you know what’s required:
Employment is conditional upon the receipt of appropriate background checks. Upon offer of employment, you must grant permission for Preferred Family Healthcare to verify accuracy, legitimacy, and results in regards to the following conditions of employment:
- Background check that includes criminal history and abuse/ neglect.
- Motor vehicle driving record check.
- Education and license/certification verification (if applicable).
- Employment and/or personal reference checks.