We’re a Good Family to Know:
Preferred Family Healthcare (PFH) is a community-based healthcare organization that offers a full array of integrated services, serving more than 100,000 individuals each year in nearly 100 locations throughout Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas and Illinois.
Our greatest reward has been the opportunity to serve families and communities in need for the past 40 years. At PFH, our future is brighter than ever! With changes in leadership, focused priorities and strong core values, PFH remains a “Good Family to Know!”
Your role at PFH:
As a Therapist, you are responsible for assisting individuals with mental illness and/or substance use disorders to improve their ability to perform tasks as well as provide clinical guidance as they move towards recovery. You will:
- Complete intake/screening and/or comprehensive assessment process within appropriate time frames as designated by state regulatory/CARF/agency standards.
- Determine and document diagnosis based on comprehensive assessment.
- Develop treatment plans for clients in accordance with state regulatory /CARF guidelines that demonstrate individualization and evolution based on information gathered from assessment.
- Facilitate group counseling, group education, family therapy, and individual sessions including specialty services such as trauma and co-occurring therapy.
- Handle crisis situations as they arise.
- Assist clients through transition process and complete final correspondence such as transition summary, plan, letter, etc.
We think you’d be great for this role if you have:
- Missouri: Provisional Licensed (PLPC) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Provisional Licensed (LMSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT)
- Kansas: Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Specialist Clinical Social Worker (LSCSW).
- Illinois: Licensed by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
You’ll love being a part of our family because:
Our associates are our most valuable asset! We understand the role their satisfaction plays in the quality of services they provide. Through encouragement, our associates are empowered to optimize their strengths through ongoing training to ensure they are equipped and feel competent to serve our clients.
Our eligible associates enjoy some of the following PFH Perks:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability plan options
- Competitive 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan – up to 5% match!
- Company paid basic life insurance
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
- Emergency Medical Leave Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts – healthcare and dependent child-care
- Health & Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discount Program
- Mileage Reimbursement
- License/Certification Reimbursement
Our human resources team wants to let you know what’s required:
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (exists up the 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (exists 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Employment is conditional upon the receipt of appropriate background checks. Upon offer of employment, you must grant permission for Preferred Family Healthcare to verify accuracy, legitimacy, and results in regards to the following conditions of employment:
- Background check that includes criminal history and abuse/ neglect.
- Motor vehicle driving record check.
- Education and license/certification verification (if applicable).
- Employment and/or personal reference checks.