We’re a Good Family to Know:
Preferred Family Healthcare (PFH) is a community-based healthcare organization that offers a full array of integrated services, serving more than 100,000 individuals each year in nearly 100 locations throughout Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas and Illinois.
Our greatest reward has been the opportunity to serve families and communities in need for the past 40 years. At PFH, our future is brighter than ever! With changes in leadership, focused priorities and strong core values, PFH remains a “Good Family to Know!”
Your role at PFH:
As an Insurance Billing Specialist, you are responsible for collecting, posting, and managing account payments as well as submitting claims and following up with insurance companies.
- Create insurance claims for all private insurance billing and submits claims in a timely manner following billing schedule.
- Complete audits of all claims documentation to verify accuracy of charges related to appropriate diagnosis and codes prior to filing claims.
- Maintain an accurate, up-to-date reporting system providing information on insurance billings, processing time lines, verifications, pre-certifications, reasons for denial and payment of filed claims on a daily basis. Monitor pay habits of contracted insurance companies as well as out-of-network reimbursements and reports this to managed Care Director quarterly in order to assist in determining need for additional or re-negotiated contracting.
- Provide follow up on any unpaid or denied claims; submits appeals within industry time frames for denials. Communicates status of appeals to program site.
- Deliver appropriate, timely reports to Supervisors and to the Executive Team members as needed regarding accounts receivables, claim status, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director, Vice President, and/or Executive Team members.
We think you’d be great for this role if you have:
- A High School diploma with courses in typing and business practices; AND
- At least three (3) years’ experience in bookkeeping position; AND
- At least two (2) years includes experience in an insurance billing position.
You’ll love being a part of our family because:
Our associates are our most valuable asset! We understand the role their satisfaction plays in the quality of services they provide. Through encouragement, our associates are empowered to optimize their strengths through ongoing training to ensure they are equipped and feel competent to serve our clients.
Our eligible associates enjoy some of the following PFH Perks:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability plan options
- Competitive 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan – up to 5% match!
- Company paid basic life insurance
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
- Emergency Medical Leave Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts – healthcare and dependent child-care
- Health & Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discount Program
- Mileage Reimbursement
- License/Certification Reimbursement
Our human resources team wants to let you know:
Employment is conditional upon the receipt of appropriate background checks. Upon offer of employment, you must grant permission for Preferred Family Healthcare to verify accuracy, legitimacy, and results in regards to the following conditions of employment:
- Background check that includes criminal history and abuse/ neglect.
- Motor vehicle driving record check.
- Education and license/certification verification (if applicable).
- Employment and/or personal reference checks.