We’re a Good Family to Know:
Preferred Family Healthcare (PFH) is a community-based healthcare organization that offers a full array of integrated services, serving more than 100,000 individuals each year in nearly 100 locations throughout Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas and Illinois.
Our greatest reward has been the opportunity to serve families and communities in need for the past 40 years. At PFH, our future is brighter than ever! With changes in leadership, focused priorities and strong core values, PFH remains a “Good Family to Know!”
Your role at PFH:
As an Advanced Practice Nurse/ Nurse Practitioner, you are responsible for providing diagnosis, consultation and treatment. You will:
- Carry out physical or psychological exam and record the history of the patient.
- Able to give basic healthcare treatment.
- Writes prescriptions and orders for medical/psychological tests.
- Able to review the condition of the patient and determine the right course of treatment.
- Attending to the needs of patients with the utmost patience, care, compassion and understanding.
- Must be able to function independently to perform age-appropriate history and physical for complex, critical and chronically ill patients.
- Ordering and interpreting diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient’s age-specific needs.
- Prescribing appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities.
- Implementing interventions to support the patient to regain or maintain stability, including but not limited to monitoring the effectiveness of interventions.
- Facilitate Medication Services within Substance Use Disorder programs as applicable:
- Assess patients presenting condition; facilitate Mental status exam; Review of symptoms and screening for medication side effects; Review of participant functioning; Assess patient’s ability to self-administer medications; Provide education regarding the effects of medication and its relationship to the patient’s substance use disorder and/or mental health disorder as applicable.
- Plus much more!
We think you’d be great for this role if you have:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and accredited Nurse Practitioner Program.
- Licensed as a RN in the State of Missouri
- Licensed as an APRN by the State of Missouri.
- Two years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner.
Applicant must be willing to become licensed in additional states, other than the state currently licensed in. Applicant must be willing and comfortable with providing telehealth services to the individuals we serve
You’ll love being a part of our family because:
Our associates are our most valuable asset! We understand the role their satisfaction plays in the quality of services they provide. Through encouragement, our associates are empowered to optimize their strengths through ongoing training to ensure they are equipped and feel competent to serve our clients.
Our eligible associates enjoy some of the following PFH Perks:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability plan options
- Competitive 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan – up to 5% match!
- Company paid basic life insurance
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
- Emergency Medical Leave Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts – healthcare and dependent child-care
- Health & Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discount Program
- Mileage Reimbursement
- License/Certification Reimbursement
Our human resources team wants to let you know what’s required:
Employment is conditional upon the receipt of appropriate background checks. Upon offer of employment, you must grant permission for Preferred Family Healthcare to verify accuracy, legitimacy, and results in regards to the following conditions of employment:
- Background check that includes criminal history and abuse/ neglect.
- Motor vehicle driving record check.
- Education and license/certification verification (if applicable).
- Employment and/or personal reference checks.