Disclaimer: $1,500 Hiring Bonus will be paid in split payments, $750 at time of hire, $750 afters six months of employment.
We’re a Good Family to Know:
Preferred Family Healthcare (PFH) is a community-based healthcare organization that offers a full array of integrated services, serving more than 100,000 individuals each year in nearly 100 locations throughout Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas and Illinois.
Our greatest reward has been the opportunity to serve families and communities in need for the past 40 years. At PFH, our future is brighter than ever! With changes in leadership, focused priorities and strong core values, PFH remains a “Good Family to Know!”
Your role at PFH:
As a Counselor, you are responsible for assisting individuals with mental health and/or substance use disorder(s) to improve their ability to perform tasks in their daily living and educational/working environments. You will:
- Complete intake/screening/assessment process within appropriate time frames as designated by state regulatory/CARF/agency standards.
- Develop treatment plans for clients in accordance with state regulatory/CARF guidelines that demonstrate individualization and evolution based on information gathered from assessment.
- Facilitate group counseling, group education, family conferences, and individual sessions focused on resolving problems related to substance use that interfere with the person’s functioning.
- Handle crisis situations as they arise.
- Work with clients/patients to examine attitudes, feelings, and behaviors that promote recovery, healthy decision making, and improved problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates interest in long term and short term goals and objectives of the company.
We think you’d be great for this role if you have:
- Missouri: Hold the credentials of a Qualified Addiction Professional as defined by the Missouri Credentialing Board, Inc. (MCB)
- Certified Alcohol Drug Counselor (CADC), Certified Reciprocal Alcohol Drug Counselor (CRADC), Certified Reciprocal Advanced Alcohol Drug Counselor (CRAADC), or Registered Alcohol Drug Counselor (RADC), Certified Criminal Justice Addictions Professional (CCJP); or
- Credential of Co-Occurring
- Appropriate State Board
- Kansas: Hold the credentials as defined by the Kansas Behavioral Science Regulatory Board, (BSRB) o Licensed Addictions Counselor (LAC) or Licensed Clinical Addictions Counselor (LCAC) OR
You’ll love being a part of our family because:
Our associates are our most valuable asset! We understand the role their satisfaction plays in the quality of services they provide. Through encouragement, our associates are empowered to optimize their strengths through ongoing training to ensure they are equipped and feel competent to serve our clients.
Our eligible associates enjoy some of the following PFH Perks:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability plan options
- Competitive 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan – up to 5% match!
- Company paid basic life insurance
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
- Emergency Medical Leave Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts – healthcare and dependent child-care
- Health & Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discount Program
- Mileage Reimbursement
- License/Certification Reimbursement
Our human resources team wants to let you know what’s required:
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (exists up the 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (exists 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Employment is conditional upon the receipt of appropriate background checks. Upon offer of employment, you must grant permission for Preferred Family Healthcare to verify accuracy, legitimacy, and results in regards to the following conditions of employment:
- Background check that includes criminal history and abuse/ neglect.
- Motor vehicle driving record check.
- Education and license/certification verification (if applicable)
- Employment and/or personal reference checks.